Here are a few tips for living with reasonable freedom from the bondage of stress. Most of these I have learned the hard way. Some of them I have experienced the hard way, but have not yet learned:
- Seek God every day.
- Surrender to God every day.
- Ask for help when you need it.
- Graciously accept the help you are offered.
- Slow down.
- Work hard to finish the tasks you start.
- Make rest an important priority.
- Prayerfully consider your list of current commitments before adding to the list.
- Learn to embrace, respect, and celebrate your limitations.
- Say “Thank you” often.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Stick with a sensible exercise routine.
- Let go of the need to be right.
- Hunger and thirst for righteousness.
- Don’t forget to play and pray every day!
What would you add from your experiences?