Help with the Homework Battle
Here is a link to WAFB’s video archive of my latest Parenting 101 interview, where I simultaneously share some practical wisdom about how to put the responsibility for homework back in your child’s court and drive the sound-guy crazy with my drumming on the table. Ah, life is fun! By the way, one of the graphics they showed on-screen had a significant typo. Here are the key points I brought to the interview:
– Homework is the student’s responsibility, NOT the parent’s!
– Parents CANNOT control kids’ choices (about homework or anything else).
– Parents CAN control consequences.
– Keep school performance expectations reasonable.
– Provide reasonable suffering to induce motivation.
– Canceling text messaging is a great motivator for teens!
Enjoy, be at peace, and be blessed.